No. 1195 Middle Fuxing Road, Xuhui District, Shanghai, China
Minimum Student Age: 16
Total No. of Students: 1,976
Public or Private: Public
Students per Class: 22
International Student %: 10%
The Sino-British College (SBC) is a 6-Year old British University College based in Shanghai. The main attractions for International Students from UK are:
(a) High Quality / Low Cost Qualification
• Students can obtain an accredited British Bachelors Degree, Diploma or Foundation for a fraction of the cost in the UK
• Most universities in China are not able to offer good quality in terms of teaching or facilities, but SBC’s academic system and campus is entirely run by British management with the Principal and teaching staff from
• A range of Business and Engineering courses are available, taught entirely in English, mainly by British Professors. Degree certificates are awarded from a range of 9 prestigious British Universities including Sheffield and Leeds. The cost of a Bachelors degree (including tuition and living costs) is about half of the cost of studying the same degree in UK. International applicants who are native English speakers (or have performed well in International Baccalaureate or A Levels) may study for just 3 years and receive their Bachelors Degree in Shanghai (or 4 years if they need to take the English International Foundation Year). Alternative pathways including 1 or 2 years in China and the remainder at the UK campus (UK fees would apply in UK).
(b) Study in English / Get Chinese Lessons for Free
• Students may come to study Mandarin Chinese here at our campus and at the same time they may study courses in English which is much more practical for most students who have studied English from an early age.
• Full-time students enrolled on the Bachelor Degree programmes will receive free Chinese lessons as well as being immersed in the Chinese language and culture presented by their classmates and the local community
(c) Location, Location Location
• China is destined to be the world’s most influential country this century, in terms of its enormous potential market of close to 1.4 Billion people in 2012, and its ability to influence global affairs.
• Shanghai is the financial and economic powerhouse of Asia, and is a thriving international community and an emerging world epicenter for fashion, art, cuisine and cultural as witnessed by visitors to the Shanghai World Expo in 2010.
• SBC’s historic Campus is located in the centre of Shanghai city’s French Concession just 5 minutes walk from Metro Line 1 and close to restaurants, parks, shopping, culture, pleasant tree-lined streets and the famous architecture of the Bund.
(d) Career Opportunities – Access to the student internships/work opportunities in the booming China market.
• Since Shanghai is the choice of the majority of Multi-National Companies to establish their Asian headquarters there are excellent career prospects for graduates from our university who have achieved the quality education from SBC and who have both excellent English and understand Chinese language, culture and business environment.
• SBC maintains close relationships with the foreign consulates, the foreign community, and the leading multi-national companies and therefore receives the premier choice of Internships and Graduate work opportunities literally “knocking on our door”.
Language Requirement: English
Language Support Offered: Yes
Type of School: College/University
Start Dates: Late September
Foundation/Bridging Courses, Language Programs, Undergraduate Programs
Typical Cost per Year: ¥81,300.00
Book Fee: RMB1,500
Accommodation: RMB8,800 – RMB36,000
Total: RMB81,300 – RMB108,500