Academic Year Programmes
Decide The Best School For You!
Academic Year/Term At Irish High School
- Large range of schools to choose from
- A large variety of locations
- Public and Private schools
- Single sex or Co- Educational
- Full Support Service available for students under 18
- 4 Months to full academic year
- Fully Trained Staff
- Homestay or Boarding available
- Full Board Accommodation in Vetted Host Family or Boarding School ( Excluding Christmas and Easter Holidays)
- School Tuition Fees
- School Books
- Full Guardianship Service (See Below)
- School Uniform
- Airport Transfer
- Monthly Progress Reports
- Attending school meetings on behalf of parents
- Christmas and Easter airport Transfers
Full Guardianship Service
- IRP Immigration Assistance ( For Non EU Students )
- School Arrangements
- Attend School meetings on behalf of parents
- Assistance with travel arrangements
- Liaison between school and Parent/Agent
- Send School Reports to Agent/Parent
- Available to assist student
- Monthly Progress reports
- 24 Hour Assistance if required
- Arrange Airport Transfers
Irish Educational System
Junior Cycle ( Age 12-14 Aprox)
In the first 3 years of secondary school students prepare for the Junior Certificate. Students study 7-10 subjects.Maths, English, History, Geography and CSPE (politics) are compulsory. Students also study a modern language and usually business studies, art and science. However, there is a wide variety of subjects and these vary from school to school.
Students may take exams at higher or lower level.
Students sit the Junior Certificate at the end of 3rd year but this is not mandatory The results of the Junior Certificate are issued in September
Transition Year ( Age 15-16 Aprox )
This year is intended for personal development of the student. In most schools students study a large variety of topics. Students also do at least two weeks work experience. Usually schools also organise at least one trip away during this year. Very often this is to an adventure centre where students do canoeing, abseiling, horse-riding etc. If a school organises such a trip students are expected to participate. The cost is usually in the region of €150- €400. There may be several other day trips.
Most schools charge extra for Transition Year (TY) – This depends on each individual school. TY is very popular with international students only in Ireland for a year.
Senior Cycle ( Age 16 – 18 Aprox )
The final two years in school are spent preparing for a state exam called the Leaving Certificate.
Students will study Maths and English plus 4-5 other subjects. They may choose lower or higher level.
The subjects available during Senior Cycle are Maths, Applied Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, History, Geography, German, French, Spanish, Russian, Hebrew, Italian, Classical Studies, Economics, Business Organisation, Accounting, Home Economics, Art , Building Construction, Technical Drawing, Music , Agricultural Studies, Engineering, Physics & Chemistry
Types Of Schools
(1) Voluntary secondary school – Pubic School
The most common type of secondary school is called a voluntary secondary school. Community and comprehensive schools are wholly state run. They tend to offer a wider variety of practical subject choices. They are usually also coeducational. There are also Vocational schools. They are very similar to the community schools. Students attending theses type of schools live with a local family.
(2) Private secondary schools
Private secondary schools are fee-paying. All non-EU students must go to private schools.
(3) Boarding schools
Boarding schools are mainly private with some exceptions. They offer 5 day or 7 day boarding.
(4) Semi-private secondary
Semi-private secondary schools were once private but are not public. They charge extra fees but offer extra facilities.
- Due to the prevailing concerns about the COVID-19 pandemic, class-based* lessons are strictly restricted to 7 students in total, who will be socially-distanced and be required observe health and safety protocols in compliance with both the building’s and Equinox’s own Fáilte Ireland accredited COVID-19 Safety Charter.
- On-Line group lessons are also available on request*.
*In the event of additional Level 5 restrictions at this time ALL classes will be taught online for the duration of the lockdown.
Our Award Winning Approach
Meet The Team
We pride ourselves in finding the right programs for you, whether it is learning Japanese and Calligraphy in Kyoto, to going to High school in the Hawaii. Equinox Education Services is here for YOU!